Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Revival


The longer I delay the inevitable of spending money on clothing, the more creative I have to be with my wardrobe. It's not as though I don't like spending money its just that I really only want to buy quality and quality means $$$. So I have learnt to be inventive; for example the top is actually a dress and by throwing it together with my(ATM favourite)PVC jacket have created a different look.

If you are going for a simple colour palette, try playing with different textures. I love the dark plum and the different textures of this outfit.

I have never worn stockings with these(ancient)capri pants, but i love how the look just somehow works. I think if I wore opaque tights it would look a little odd.

I believe black capri pants should be a staple in any woman's wardrobe(just taking a leaf out of Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Onassis's wardrobe).

What I have done differently this time is scrunch up the bottom of the pants (which usually fall halfway down my calf) under my knee to show off the thinnest part of my leg. To make this outfit a little different I have added fishnet stockings and for a little glam; patent leather stilettos.

If you feel like you are running out of things to wear; have a look at a few of your dresses and skirts and see if you can wear them as tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment